Saturday, January 7, 2012

New York City



I was recently in New York visiting my family for the holidays and Day #1 was spent museum hopping in Manhattan.

First up, the Metropolitan Museum of Art! The top sketch was completed while enjoying a very yummy strawberry & banana smoothie in the American wing cafe. Just enough time left for a quick trip through the period rooms and visible storage!

Just a little further uptown is The Museum of the City of New York. My sister works in the education department where she teaches history programs to school children on field trips. In the afternoon, I was fortunate to be able to sit-in on "From Wigwams to Windmills" along with the visiting 2nd graders. The second sketch captures one of my favorite moments from the presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment